Saturday, August 1, 2009

Makeup Session


Tonight I was able to use some of my creativity at a makeup session. My client, Kat, called me last week to see if I would be able to give her a Phantom of the Opera look for a black and white party she was attending. Now, I have to admit, I was a little nervous, b/c I typically only do makeup for traditional things like weddings, fashion shoots, photo sessions, etc. This was totally a new thing for me, but what the heck, I took the challenge.
So for the next few days, I looked online and did some research on what these masks looked like. I picked out some of the best masks I could find and I showed them to her. We narrowed them down to one look which incorporated a little bit of sheen and silver. She also decided she didn't want a traditional half mask like the typical "opera" style mask. We did an updated version with some rhinestones by the eye. It turned out great, and she really liked it.


No comments: